Thursday, May 6, 2010

Fleece, my daily bread


Hi dear friends,
Sorry for my delay in writing. I can only say I have been BUSY!! Lots of new luscious fleeces ready to be made into heaven knows what! There was a time when I used to have plans for all the new shades that hung on the racks but now I have faith that a good idea will arrive on the day I am ready to create. This train of thought that has pervaded my week has allowed me to arrive at the conclusion that too much over planning can spoil the end result.

Certainly there are projects that require experimentation and I firmly feel that if you have decided on a particular medium as your discipline, then regular experimenting is ABSOLUTELY
vital if your work is to remain fresh and exciting.

I would encourage any artist to stretch and stretch and even if you never use half of the techniques in your expermenting sessions then at least you can cross them off the "what if I tried this" list and march on down the road - or wander or dawdle or skip - depending on the day.








Hoping everyone has some time to experiment this coming weekend
Lots of love,
Elizabeth
XXX


12 comments:

  1. What gorgeous colours. You have some really gorgeous makes on your blog.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jummy colors indeed and I agree , experimantign is fun to do and mistakes are a good moment to learn......

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH those circles are yummy enough to eat! Love all the colors and softness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just found your blog and so glad. Your work is stunning. Love all the beautiful colors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yes! Gorgeous colours - can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one made me gasp!!How wonderful. Felt is such a friendly fibre I think. Good advice on experimenting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yummy..just everything..yum.

    ReplyDelete
  8. How lovely! Good enough to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Elizabeth, stopped by to let you know my wet space is set up. I'm scouting the internet for sources for the best selection and prices for batts and roving and will be ordering within the coming week. Thank you so much for your input on studio set up. I think I have a good space for a beginner.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Karoda
    Great news! Keep us posted on how you progress!

    Have fun
    Love ELizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful works!!
    One question I would like to try to make a scarf for me, can you give where you find this fleece so dyed?
    Thank you for your help!!!
    Have a nice day!
    Ilaria Lotti Italy
    lilla68_05@yahoo.it

    ReplyDelete