Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Making quick changes...


HI dear friends,
Today I had about 3 hours of uninterrupted time in the studio. Trundling along and making arms and legs to go on this doll. Complete disaster - she looked chunky and awkward.

So after huffing and puffing and being cross at my lack of my achievement I came to a an unalterable decision. Everything I had done in those precious hours was an utter waste. SO there was only one thing to do - I cut her arms and legs off! Golly that sounds awful!

But she was so much happier without them!



More stitching


Happy at last.
So when in doubt, if it isn't working, be happy in the knowledge that cutting things up is often the way through.

So friends, see how a pair of scissors can help you see clearly to getting a project done.

Lots of love
Elizabeth
XX

6 comments:

  1. She is lovely and I love all the stitches...her heart is big and warm and loving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She looks perfect although I don't suppose she can give hugs, can only receive them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wrote a POST ABOUT THIS VERY SAME TOPIC!!! IT really makes a huge difference to keep going even if it is in the other direction and scissors and cutting can often rescue us!!!

    I do soooo love your dolls!! Their faces are so wonderfully expressive!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Elizabeth, this is my first time commenting on your blog but have peeked in from time to time. I've browsed some of your photos at Flickr and love your wall hangings. I'm new to felting but I think I'm getting hooked beyond just a passing interest. I'm ready to set up a felting studio. I have the space but not sure where to start...I'm thinking obtaining roving should be my main focus. I'd appreciate any advice on studio set-up...thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi just found your blog --love it
    Chrissie
    http://www.feltingfibres.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete